..
..

Take my ROOKS! - Niranjan

By Niranjan on Saturday, June 28, 2014 with 0 comments



Namaste to the readers! I'm writing on this platform for the first time.  You can expect funny chess stories, interesting games and thoughts here. My personal blog has a lot of chess-oriented stuff : www.chessindia.blogspot.in


For now, lets take a look at the game where I sacrificed two rooks!







Try to find the forced mate!






And that was quite memorable indeed!


Postscript : 
              

   Let's go back to this position:
                          
                                          Position after 17.Nc3



17...Qxh1 18.Kd2 and now Black need not take the rook on a1. He could simply play Qh2 defending the key diagonal - h2-b8, thus preventing Bf4 + in the future.  So Black would be a rook up for nothing.

Lessons ; 

1) Don't give a check because you see it. Instead, Calculate further and see if you really benefit from it (14.Bg5)
2) Don't take everything you get.  (18...Qxa1) 

I offered my rooks and my opponent gladly accepted them!  
I was lucky, I was lucky.

See you soon,
 - Niranjan Navalgund

Category:

POST COMMENT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

..
..